Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Menu Planning: This Week: Chicken

Hi All,

Time for menu planning:  this will be a shortened menu planning, as we are going rv-ing on Friday afternoon (see previous post re need help).. and I have leftover pizza for tonight.  So, this leaves Wednesday and Thursday.  I'm hoping to make only 1 shopping trip to the grocery store this week to get me through till Tuesday when we return.  So, please post either here or on facebook your menu ideas!

My kids love chicken (well sometimes).. Ms J will eat the chicken usually fried in some form.. Lil'Chef A declares every once in a while that she hates chicken.  I don't blame her it's the only thing her sister eats without fussing, so it a staple.

Staples:  So I've been thinking about having regular meal staples.  Usually, I'm so excited about having new recipes that I wouldn't say that we have staples.  Does your family have staples? How often do you rotate?  I'm thinking about incorporating in 4 or 5 staples each month.. maybe 1 or 2 a week?  Might be really good for the budget! 

Sorry, I regress...     Something my picky Ms. J will eat is build your own tacos.  So my chicken has to be either ground or shredded.  Got it!  I'll cook up some baked chicken tenders (breaded with panko breadcrumbs, salt, white pepper, little paprika, little cumin...)  Then I will shred leftovers & put out a bit of lettuce (which they won't touch), tomatoes (ditto on the touching), sour cream, salsa and tortillaland tortillas!  

Thank you for your support!  
T

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Foodie-Mom-on-a-Budget/219392891406455

No comments: