Tuesday, March 22, 2011

French Lentil Soup, the day after..

Hello All,

Last night's adventure was a vegetarian dish..  Am I turning vegetarian? No way! Not for this carnivore! But every once in a while I think, I should try it for a week.. Then before you know it, I'm having a double-double at In-n-Out.. thanking God for the teenagers behind the counter for making a small bit of heaven.

But last night I made French Lentil Soup, it was delicious.. The color was a little un-nerving.. I was thinking it but not going to say it.. then hubbie comes home looks at my masterpiece in a pan and asks as gently as possible "Have you tasted it?"..   I assured him that I had and that it was delicious.. Being the good husband that he is, my hubbie sits down to his bowl of brown mush and takes a tentative bite.. Then the smile that all cooks hope to see (you know the one) he says surprised.."Hey this is good".  Success!!  I had two bowls and something about the word vegetarian makes you feel guilty free when you stuff yourself into a lentil coma..

The link to the recipe is: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/French-Lentil-Soup-236772 and yes there is a photo of the lovely hue.

The should-a/could-a saved: Nothing, this is a budget dish!
Verdit: More tasty than the color would imply
Do-Over: Definitely, but maybe a different color of lentil next time (they come in lots of colors, I wonder if I made it pink if Ms. J would eat it..??)

Tonight's Adventure: Red Beans & Rice with Anduoille Sausage.  I'm more excited than I care to admit about tonight's adventure.  I've been soaking my beans in a salt-brine overnight.. Defrosted the andouille... Eatin' in the bayou tonight, Y'All!

No comments: