Thursday, March 17, 2011

My First Blog!

Hello All:

So this if my first blog! So why am I blogging? To be honest, it's a way to share the time I spend pouring over cookbooks, e-books, apps and menu planning. What can I say, I love this stuff! Am I a chef? Only in my imagination. I'm a Mom, Wife, Sister, Daughter, Friend with a passion for cooking.

Today's foray into the culinary world.. Spanish Chicken Stew with Manchego Polenta. I found this recipe from my app, Rachael Ray's Tasty Bytes app. I have to give Ms. Ray props for fueling my interest in food! A trip down memory lane is coming, so you can skip to the below if you feel a yawn coming on, I fell in love with her show on the Food Network several years ago. She was funny, down to earth and just enough quarky that I thought, I could be friends with this woman! I tried a few 30 minute meals and I was hooked! I can do this!

Ok, now back to present time. So I create a meal plan on Sundays, while my husband sleeps in as Sundays are his turn (mine are Saturdays).. Then I'm off to shopping. Usually, shopping involves endless pleas with our daughter to stop touching things, trying to speed read because I don't know when she's going to have a meltdown and watching the clock to make sure that I don't forget to get one of my girls from school!

Meal Planning: This involves alot of cookbooks, a new app called Mealboard (awesome app) and time.

Cooking: This involves varying degrees of time and basic skills. If I'm dying to try this recipe or the memory of a dish is pulling on my tastebuds.. I'm willing to invest the time! Most of my recipes are not "fancy" or as my mom would say "high-fluting" (whatever that means).. just food that sounds amazing, seems realitively easy to prepare and has a slight chance that most people in my family will eat!

Hope you stay tuned! I'll let you know tomorrow how well (or not) Spanish Chicken Stew with Manchego Polenta goes over.

No comments: