Friday, April 29, 2011

Dodging Ham Balls!

Hi All,

Well last night Lil'Chef A decided that after the trip to the grocery store that she didn't want to touch any raw meat.. I seized my opportunity to ditch the ham balls and ran!

So what to do with the pound of ground pork I'd bought (never did figure out ground cooked ham?)..  I combined it with 1/2 pack of Lipton Onion Soup mix, a bit of pepper and browned the pork in a skillet in Colavita Olive Oil.   I have to tell you what a difference good olive oil makes!  The minute the pan got the oil hot, the smell was amazing.  Many olive oils say "Italian" but when you look at the label it says: Olives from Greece, Turkey, Spain and Italy..   Colavita is only all italian olives.  It's can be a little on the pricy side (not good for the budget part) but I've been watching and waiting for it to go on sale then bought 2 bottles.

Served Onion pork with buttered Stellina pasta (amazing side dish when your kids love pasta but you don't want pasta to be the only thing they eat) and brussel sprouts.     Brussel Sprouts: there was a new one for Foodie Mom.  All I could think about was a Discovery Channel special about Koko the gorilla that learned to sign and called brussel sprouts "stink balls".   My children couldn't agree more!

Tonight we are going to a Girl Scout event with campfire, hot dogs (which Lil'Chef A already declared she's not eating) and S'Mores!!!  Can't wait!

Talk to you soon
T

No comments: