Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm Back with a New Meal Plan for the Week

Hello All,

Sorry, I have returned from my week long journey as Queen of Porcelain-ville!  I had to spend last week on a partial Gatorade diet followed up with rice, bread and buttered noodles.  My kids loved the BRAT (no I didn't make that up, its a medical term) diet and embraced the bland meal plan as long as it included some chicken (preferably in nugget form) as a side.  I, and I'm sure my hubbie, were looking forward to this week and new adventures.

First, let me start off by saying that my Red Beans & Rice will reach new heights this weekend.  I'm making my recipe for a close family couple celebrating their 40 year anniversary with around 50 of their friends.  All I could think about was "Do I have a big enough pot?!"... then like you see in the movies, the glow of epiphany, I thought "If not, I'll have to go Williams-Sonoma and get one!.. then the smile made famous by the Grinch...

Well this week I'm trying something different.  Cooking 1 main protein, in this case Ham (Note: No One makes a better ham than my brother James, ever!).  So tonight, I'm going to kick off this weeks menu with cooking a 4 pound ham.  The menu plan is as follows:

Tonight:  Citrus Glazed Ham with Roasted Mandarin Oranges & Wedge Salad...  My dear friend Dave pointed out.. "Still trying to mix fruit and meat."  Like the Honey Apricot Chicken wasn't lesson enough.. but I regress optimistically..

Then: Penne with Ham, Peas and Oregano, Honey Ham Wraps with Brie and Papaya and finally Super Cheesy Stove Top Mac & Cheese with Ham.*

I'm sure by the end of this week, I'll be ready to not see another ham till Easter!

I'll keep you posted and let you know how it goes..
T

*all recipes are adaptations from Robin Miller Quick Fix Meals..

No comments: