Thursday, April 28, 2011

Long Time No Blog...

Hi All,

As my sister lovingly sent me a message the other day.. "Blog Already"..  Well Sis, here it is..

So where have I been?? Where o' Where did the menu planning go?   Out the damn window, that's where..

I have been living out of the freezer, eating out to our favorite take out places where my big kids eat nothing  (Thai, Indian) but my little one LOVES everything (Thank God) and food blogging just hasn't been funny without my little critics..

BUT, I have started making recipes on my own!  I made Persian Beef with Turmeric Rice!  J actually ate the yellow rice! Shocker!  Their entree was egg salad, which I substituted Greek yogurt for mayo and it was amazing!  I think I'm going to try adding pureed tofu for more protein and sneak some in!

Tonight, Chef A is making us dinner from her Betty Crocker Jr Cookbook.. Cannon Ham Balls...  When she declared that's what she wanted and showed me the picture (which was of no help, showing ham balls being shot out of a cannon and oozing down a wall).. I did my very best Mom smile and said "that's great honey".. back of my mind thinking "what else can I make with these ingredients so I don't have to eat many ham balls?!"  Wish me luck!  One of the ingredients is ground cooked ham? What the hell is that?!  Better not let J see that or she'll become even more picky!

I've started a menu plan for what my hubbie calls "Round the world in 80 meatballs".. Not to be confused with the above!!  But rather I'm going to make a batch of delicious meatballs (adapting a Julia Child recipe).. then use it in different cuisines throughout the week.. ie: Morrocan w/"Coo-coo" from Africa, Empanadas from So America,  Hoisin Sauce w/ Rice from Asia, etc..

I'll keep you posted and try to blog more often!

BTW: Love Jasmine Thai & Karma Indian Cuisine in Valencia!

Talk to you soon.
T

No comments: