Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Let's play "what can I defrost?"

Hi All,

Well I haven't cooked dinner since Thursday. Cooked a jumbo order of red beans & rice on Friday (which was awesome! I had 4 pots going at once! And diced all my veggies in record time with my food processor, duh right ?)

Friday was Thai delivery (yum), Saturday was pizza delivery (with the girls not here, we were actually able to have toppings :)! Sunday was a jazzfest party with amazing crawfish boil! Yesterday was leftover pizza, Mexican takeout from lunch & ms J with chicken in a pita! That child could sprout feathers with all the chicken she eats! It reminds me of when I brought home a whole rotisserie chicken.. Her DS must have been out of power because she was in the kitchen offering to help. I pulled off a wing and she asked "what is that?", I responded "a wing, you know a chicken wing" I was doing my best chicken dance arms while answering. She just looked a me bewildered and then shook her head & said "your funny momma" and quickly left the kitchen! I think when it comes to eggs, i'll lie until she's 30.

I have been meal planning and next week will be "round the world in 80 meatballs"... Please contain your excitement... I'm planning on 1 large batch of meatballs, then using them in different ways from each continent (except Antarctica).. If your wondering why not this week for the exciting journey... Well I've got a few little things on my plate this week that makes next week better!

So, I've raided the freezer!! I've got chicken & apple sausage, all girls give it thumbs up, BBQ ribs, crab & spinach lasagna (seriously doubt anyone under 10 will touch!), ground beef (currently no clue what to do with that the kids will actually eat)... Reminds me of my mom's "surprise stew" I didn't eat it then , won't eat it now..

Have a great day! Tonight's meal: what defrosted first?

T

No comments: